We have started the new year and many of us have set New Year’s Resolutions with goals for 2016. Most people will not keep these resolutions. Some have already given up. Most people want change but don’t change their habits in order to facilitate that change. We set goals and hope and pray they come true but don’t put in the effort to reach those goals.
If you want to make change in your life, you need to take the steps to change habits.
Here’s the great thing: you can start today by making changes to your habits. If you want to lose weight, add exercising and eating healthful foods to your life. Cut out fast food. If you want to learn a new skill, find books and learning materials on the subject. Practice the skill. If you want a new job, take the steps to discover what work you want to do. What will use your skills and unique gift? Set your goals and implement in your life the change you want to see on a daily basis. You will need to train yourself to accomplish your goals and resolutions.
If your resolution or goal for 2016 is to find work you love and are passionate about, consider these steps to take to help you on your journey:
- Discover your unique gift.
- Find what you are passionate about and could do for the rest of your life.
- Decide what organizations you want to work for.
- Choose 40-50 organizations you would want to work for.
- Research and learn about each organization and understand their culture.
- Match your skills to the need of the organization.
- Create a resume and cover letter for each organization.
- Apply to each company and follow up at least 2 times with the person who does the hiring.
Following the steps above will get you interviews. In the interviews, if you show your passion and how you can help the company, you will find a job that you will love and be passionate about.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life
This is the year you can make the change you want. Put into place a system that will ensure your success. Write out your goal with specifics and start today.
If you have questions or would like to consider having a career coach walk with you on your journey, please feel free to contact me.